The Clear Lake Public Library Foundation was established in 1983 to ensure the continuation of excellent community library service. The Foundation solicits gifts of money and property in order that the library may continue to grow with the community and meet the changing informational and cultural needs of library users. Gifts to the Foundation enhance basic library services that are funded through public tax dollars. Foundation funds do not replace or supplant City funding.
The Foundation has improved library services and collections in many ways:
- Automation of checkout system and catalog
- Funding of large print books and books on tape collections
- Acquisition of equipment and software for technology area
- Sponsorship of Iowa Storytelling Festival
- Renovation and expansion of the Carnegie library building through the Books and Beyond Capital Campaign
There are many ways that you can help Clear Lake to have the best possible library for the present and future generations:
- Endowment Fund - Consider making an annual gift to the endowment fund. Interest from this fund is used to enhance the library’s collections and services today and in the future.
- Planned Giving - Remembering the library in your will with a bequest, trust, gift of stock, securities or property can benefit the entire community, as well as your tax position.
- Lifetime Gifts - Gift instruments such as charitable remainder trusts can benefit both the donor and the library during the donor’s lifetime. Consult your financial advisor to determine if this is an appropriate gift instrument for you.
- Designated Gifts - Provide important needed items that are not within the library budget.
Gifts to the Clear Lake Public Library Foundation are tax deductible. For further information, contact the Library at 641-357-6133 or [email protected].