View MAP of Clear Lake Garbage Collection Schedule. Zoom in to find your street.
View and Print a FULL BROCHURE showing garbage and recycling programs for Clear Lake residential customers.
Absolute Waste Removal observes the following holidays only: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. This will result in a one day delay in your garbage or recycling pickup.
Your base trash fee pays for collection of up to two 32-gallon cans or bags of trash each week. Any can larger than the 32-gallon size will count as two cans and only one "larger" can will be dumped for the fee charged. Maximum weight of any can, bag or bundle is 40 pounds. OVERWEIGHT CANS WILL NOT BE DUMPED. You will get the most service for your money by using two 32-gallon cans or bags, weighing no more than 40 pounds.
SINGLE USE STICKER
You must use a special, single use sticker for any and all additional cans or bags of trash. If you anticipate the weight of your trash will exceed 40 pounds per can or bag, you will need to purchase stickers and use extra bags so that no can or bag weighs more than 40 pounds. Single Use Stickers are $1.50 each and may be purchased in lots of 5 at these Clear Lake locations: Absolute Waste Removal, Kramer Hardware, Payless Foods, Fareway and Oakwood Market.
FOR CANS LARGER THAN 45 GALLONS
WE WILL NO LONGER ATTEMPT TO LIFT AND DUMP CANS LARGER THAN 45 GALLONS. If you have purchased and use one of these super-sized cans, we will remove UP TO two bags from the can on collection day, by pulling them out of the can. Bags must be reasonably clean. We must be able to reach the bottom bag without dumping the can.
FOR CANS 33 TO 45 GALLONS
WE WILL ATTEMPT TO DUMP these cans, but they must weigh no more than 40 pounds. If possible, we will pull a bag or two from the can to reduce weight, prior to dumping. We will not dump cans that are too heavy.
FOR CANS 32 GALLONS OR LESS
We will dump two of these cans each week, if weight is not over 40 pounds each. This is the most economical way to get rid of the most trash.
Absolute Waste Removal is the official solid waste hauler and recycler for the residents of Clear Lake. Any questions or comments you have regarding your garbage service should be addressed directly to Absolute Waste Removal at (641) 357-4517.
- Garbage collection will be provided once each week. Any "observed" holiday in the workweek would delay collections by one day for the rest of the week. For instance, if there is a Monday holiday, Monday's work will be done on Tuesday, Tuesday's work will be done on Wednesday and so forth. Absolute Waste Removal observes the following holidays only: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- The base fee for garbage collection pays for collection of up to two 32-gallon cans or bags of trash each week. Any can larger than 32 gallons will count as two cans. Smaller bags can be used for pick-up. However, any bags in excess of two will require special stickers.
- Garbage cans are to be of the type normally sold as such, with a lid, and handles to facilitate carrying and dumping into the truck. Trash bags need to be of sufficient strength to be lifted and loaded into the truck. Bags must be tied shut.
- Volumes in excess of two regulation 32-gallon cans or bags need to have a special "single use" sticker attached to each additional can, bag or bundle over the two allowed by the base fee. Stickers are $1.50 each, sold in lots of five (5), and are available at Kramer Hardware, Payless Foods, Clear Lake Fareway, and Absolute Waste Removal. Stickers cannot be purchased from the garbage handlers on the route.
- No can, bag or bundle of trash may weigh more than 40 pounds.
- All trash must fit within the container (lids on cans, bags tied). If trash sticks out of the can, higher than the sides, that can will count as two cans. Long objects must be cut down to fit the container or tied in a bundle and placed beside other trash containers.
- Bundles must be no more than 5 feet long and 18 inches in diameter. Weight limit: 40 pounds. Use a sticker on the bundle if total accumulation is more than two cans or bags.
- When using stickers for more than two cans or bags, place sticker around the neck of the bags. On cans, loop sticker around the handle and stick only the ends together, so collector can easily remove the sticker when dumping the can.
- All trash must be placed at the curb, or within easy reach of the street or alley. Trash must be at or near ground level, not atop piled snow. Stickers must be easily seen. Place trash for collection by 7:00 a.m.
- The following items are not allowed in the Landfill and cannot be placed in trash: newspapers, magazines, corrugated cardboard, yard waste, tires, car batteries, waste oil, paint, or other hazardous waste. Some of these items require separate collection.
- Stickers must be used for volumes in excess of two cans or bags of garbage. The stickers are not needed on bags or bundles of recyclable materials set out for curbside recycling. Some bulky wastes are also collected on routes, such as chairs, mattresses, tables, etc. These items may require more than one sticker for pick-up. Most common bulky items are listed below, along with the number of stickers needed for pick-up, and whether a phone call is required for pick-up. If you have items not appearing on the list, call Absolute Waste Removal for cost.
- Most major appliances and some electronic waste items must be hauled separately to the Landfill. Parts or all of these items are recycled. The following items require additional Single Use stickers and a phone call is required for pick-up: refrigerator, stove, oven, freezer, clothes washer, clothes dryer, dishwasher, dehumidifier, water heater, furnace, air conditioner, microwave oven.
- The following items may be collected with your trash and require no stickers unless you exceed the maximum of two 32-gallon cans or bags: humidifier, blender, mixer, toaster.
If you wish to dispose of waste oil, paint or any other hazardous waste, you must call the Landfill of North Iowa at 357-5452 for an appointment. There is no charge for use by residents. Businesses are charged a fee for hazardous waste disposal. If you have any further questions, call Absolute Waste Removal at 357-4517.
If you have items not appearing on the list, call Absolute Waste Removal for cost.